Rolling Plains Summer Field Day
Rolling Plains Summer Field Day set Sept. 24 at Chillicothe Research Station
Contacts: Writer: Kay Ledbetter, 806-677-5608, email@example.com
Contacts: Dr. Emi Kimura, 940-552-9941 ext. 233, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Paul DeLaune, 940-552-9941 ext. 207, email@example.com
CHILLICOTHE – The annual Rolling Plains Summer Field Day, hosted by the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center in Vernon, is set for Sept. 24 at the agency’s Chillicothe Research Station, 1340 Farm-to-Market Road 392, Chillicothe.
The free program will begin with registration at 8 a.m. followed by the field tour from 9-11:30 a.m. Lunch will be served, and three general Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units will be offered.
The field tour will include the following stops:
– Cotton Variety Trials – Emi Kimura, Ph.D., Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service agronomist, Vernon.
– Wheat Variety Picks for 2019-2020 – Kimura.
– Advancements in Cotton Development: Phenotyping, Cotton Plant Populations, Unmanned Aerial System Applications (live demonstration) – Srini Ale, Ph.D., geospatial hydrologist, and Curtis Adams, Ph.D., crop physiologist, both with Texas A&M AgriLife Research, Vernon.
– Conservation Systems: Conservation Tillage and Irrigation Management – Paul DeLaune, Ph.D., AgriLife Research environmental soil scientist, Vernon.
– Cover Crops in Dryland Cotton Systems: Cover Crop Seeding Rates, Economics of Cover Crops – DeLaune.
– AgriLife Research Updates and Announcements, Richard Vierling, Ph.D., director of the AgriLife center at Vernon and Texas Foundation Seed Service manager, Vernon.
For more information, contact DeLaune at 940-552-9941 ext. 207 or Kimura at 940-552-9941 ext. 233.
Find more stories, photos, videos and audio at http://today.agrilife.org