Retirement Planning Sessions Offered by AgriLife Extension in Amarillo
6500 W Amarillo Blvd
Amarillo, TX 79106
Two retirement planning sessions offered by AgriLife Extension in Amarillo
Writer: Kay Ledbetter, 806-677-5608, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Lizabeth Gresham, 806-373-0713, email@example.com
AMARILLO – Two two-day sessions of Retirement Planning Today, sponsored by the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, will be held beginning Jan. 24 at the Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center, 6500 W. Amarillo Blvd., Amarillo.
The first two-day session will be Jan. 24 and Jan. 31, and the second session will be Jan. 29 and Feb. 5. Attendees can select one session to attend. Each day will go from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Advanced registration is required. The cost is $49, but spouses or guests can attend at no additional charge. To register or for more information, contact the AgriLife Extension office in Potter County at 806-373-0713.
Instructors will be Jess Murphy and Nathan Murphy of Amarillo, offering financial advisory services through Cadaret, Grant and Co.
Those attending can expect to learn how to:
• Determine the amount of money needed to retire.
• Create goals for a “successful retirement.”
• Eliminate debt and improve cash flow.
• Properly convert IRAs to Roth IRAs.
• Select the retirement plan distribution choice that is needed.
• Plan retirement income to preserve a comfortable standard of living.
• Transfer the risk of potential financial losses before or during retirement.
• Reduce or eliminate taxes, expenses, delays and legal challenges with estate planning.
Recent tax law changes, the uncertain future of Social Security and a shift toward employee-directed retirement plans have made sound financial planning even more important, said Lizabeth Gresham, AgriLife Extension family and community health agent for Potter County.
By attending one of these sessions, Gresham said individuals and couples can learn how to build a nest egg, protect their assets or preserve a comfortable lifestyle. They will also learn different ways to save for retirement and the advantage and disadvantage of each.
Find more stories, photos, videos and audio at http://today.agrilife.org