National Unicorn Day
National Unicorn Day on April 9th each year celebrates the mythical horse-like creature with a single, pointed horn growing from the center of its forehead.
Unicorns have been a popular mythical creature since the Ancient Greek times when people believed they lived in exotic India. While they were once considered to be fierce, powerful animals, many now see them as a symbol of love, purity, enchantment, and magic. They also appear in many movies and cartoons as magical creatures. Both adults and children find a fascination with unicorns. They also continue to find their way into fantasy novels alongside other mythical creatures.
There are serval ways to celebrate this fun day. Try these fun ideas:
- Make some brightly colored pancakes or cupcakes. Decorate them with multicolored sprinkles or glitter.
- Bake cookies in the shape of unicorns.
- Watch a favorite movie including unicorns.
- Draw a picture of a unicorn or write a story about one.
- Read your favorite fantasy novel featuring unicorns.