National Paper Airplane Day
May 26th each year, National Paper Airplane Day honors the simple aeronautical toy that has been around for thousands of years.
National Paper Airplane Day provides an excuse to play! This inexpensive, healthy, and stimulating form of entertainment brings lots of joy, too. In other words, put down your smartphones and get outside for some primitive fun!
Did you know?
- Many believe the use of paper airplanes originated 2,000 years ago in China.
- The earliest known date of the creation of modern paper planes was said to have been 1909.
- The largest paper aircraft had a wingspan of 59.74 ft. Students and employees from Germany created it on 28th September 2013.
- Joe Ayoob recorded the longest distance flown by a paper airplane in February 2012. His plane flew 226 feet, 10 inches.
- The longest-lasting paper airplane flight flew 29.2 seconds.
There is more than one way to fold paper for a test flight. Find tips for designs at www.foldnfly.com.