SOUTHWEST AMBUCS 2019 GOBBLE WOBBLE
Buy a turkey, give a turkey and help a child in need
Amarillo, Texas, October 2019. Southwest AMBUCs will be hosting its 12th annual Gobble Wobble turkey drive from October 1st until November 18th. All turkeys will be available for pickup at our trailer located at Westgate Mall or by delivery starting November 21st. By donating $100 the participant will receive an Edes smoked turkey (12-14 lb cooked), purchase a frozen turkey to help feed a family in need, and support our local effort of “Inspiring Mobility & Independence” through our Amtryke program, “all inclusive” parks, and therapy scholarships. Those who wish to participate may purchase a turkey on our website https://www.southwestambucs.org or by phone at (806)316-5240.
At Southwest AMBUCs our mission is “Inspiring people to conquer challenges related to mobility and independence, through a nationwide network of volunteer chapters, working in partnership with physical, occupational and speech therapists; by providing Amtryke adaptive trykes, scholarships for therapists and many forms of community service.”
***WE WILL OFFICIALLY KICK-OFF OUR GOBBLE WOBBLE EVENT OCTOBER 24, 2019 @ 12:00 P.M. WITH AN AMTRYKE GIVEAWAY HOSTED AT THE AMARILLO COUNTRY CLUB. WE ASK THE LOCAL MEDIA TO COME MEET THE CLUB, THE FAMILIES WE SERVE, AND THE GREAT PEOPLE AT EDES MEAT. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU WOULD WISH TO ATTEND.***
Where: Amarillo Country Club @12PM Contact: Jon Prince
4800 Bushland Blvd Cell:(806)683-2492
Amarillo, TX 79106 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Client Relations / Owner
2201 Civic Circle Drive, Suite 917
Amarillo, TX 79109
4th Annual Migrant Health Resources Conference
The 4th Annual Migrant Health Resources Conference is put on by a collaborative partnership between various health providers and health organizations with school districts in Region 16.
October 23, 2019
9:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Region 16 ESC, 5800 Bell Street, Amarillo, TX
CEUs offered for SW, LPC, LMFT and Psychologists. DSHS-Certified continuing education hours for CHW. To receive CEUs, attendees must attend all sessions related to the CEUs needed, partial credit will not be given.
• Below is the agenda for the day and sessions offered. Registration links are below along with sessions that qualify for specific CEUs. Registration is open until midnight on 10/20.
• Food trucks will be onsite for lunch.
Opening General Session- Lecture Hall- Session # 694882
8:15- 9:15 Registration and interaction with vendors
9:20- 9:25 Welcome and announcements
9:25- 9:45 Abril Vazquez: Haven Health Clinic- Presentation of program and services
9:45- 11:45 Texas Tech University Medical Center Nurses: Presentation on synthetic drugs and the trauma room experience
Lunch on your own: Pizza Nomads and STIX food trucks will be onsite
Time Session# Title Room
Breakout Session Group 1
12:50- 2:15 718881 Impact of Trauma Palo Duro
12:50- 2:15 718883 Folk Medicine & Home Remedies Golden Spread
12:50- 2:15 718884 Intro to Mental Health Lecture Hall
12:50- 2:15 718889 Connecting Children & Adolescents to Mental Health Care High Plains
Breakout Session Group 2
2:20- 3:15 718885 Secondary Traumatic Stress Palo Duro
2:20- 3:15 718888 Apps & Social Media Golden Spread
2:20- 3:15 718893 Identifying the Warning Signs of Students at Risk of Harming Themselves or Others Lecture Hall
2:20- 4:15 718894 Cultural Competencies (2-hour course) High Plains
Breakout Session Group 3
3:20: 4:15 718890 Suicide Prevention Palo Duro
3:20- 4:15 718891 Food Safety for Farm Worker Families Golden Spread
2:20- 4:15 718894 Cultural Competencies (2-hour course) High Plains
Here are links to the conference sessions:
• AM General Session: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=694882
• Impact of Trauma: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=718881 CEUs offered for SW, LPC, LMFT and Psychologists
• Folk Medicine: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=718883 DSHS-Certified continuing education hours for CHW
• Intro to Mental Health: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=718884 DSHS-Certified continuing education hours for CHW
• Secondary Traumatic Stress: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=718885 CEUs offered for SW, LPC, LMFT and Psychologists
• Apps & Social Media: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=718888 DSHS-Certified continuing education hours for CHW
• Connecting Children to Mental Health Care: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=718889 DSHS-Certified continuing education hours for CHW
• Suicide Prevention: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=718890 CEUs offered for SW, LPC, LMFT and Psychologists
• Food Safety for Farmworkers: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=718891 DSHS-Certified continuing education hours for CHW
• Identifying Warning Sign of Students At Risk: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=718893
• Cultural Competencies: https://www.escweb.net/tx_r16/catalog/session.aspx?session_id=718894 DSHS-Certified continuing education hours for CHW
Stephanie Loya, CHES, CCHWI
Community Based Education Coordinator
Panhandle Area Health Education Center
West Texas A&M University Amarillo Center
720 S. Tyler
Amarillo, TX 79101
Find us on Facebook and Twitter.
My Strengths: Restorative, Discipline, Developer, Learner, Responsibility
Sharing Hope Ministries: GED Program
9 AM to Noon.
2308 SW 7th Ave
Cherrie D. Miller
WTAMU Communication Group: Aphasia Support Group
WT Clinic 806-651-5101
Shop for a Good Cause at Uptown Shoppe: Drawing, too!
We want to show customer appreciation at Uptown Shoppe and are hoping you can share this with your readers!
Spend only $30 at our Uptown Shoppe 2477 W Interstate 40 in Amarillo, to be entered to win our Movie Night Gift Basket.
Drawing October 31st, 5 PM
Shannon Davis / Development Coordinator
409 S. Monroe, Amarillo TX 79101
Office: 806-372-3625 Fax: 806-372-9026 Cell: 672-2439
Kindness to the poor is an act of worship. Proverbs 14:31
Los Barrios Meeting
10-23 12- 1 PM
Informative meeting and lunch at the Wesley Community Center: only $5 donation
Los Barrios speaker meeting Wednesday, October 23rd – Wes Reeves and Tonya Tyler of Xcel Energy
Hello friends of Los Barrios,
This Wednesday, Tonya Tyler, Xcel Senior Accounts Manager and Wes Reeves, Xcel Media Accounts Manager, will speak to us on Xcel’s operations, wind projects and plans for offering 100% of our electricity from renewable resources by 2050.
We will be meeting from 12:00 to 1:00 in the cafeteria of the Wesley Community Center. As always, a delicious authentic Mexican meal will be available for $5.
We look forward to seeing you there.
WTAMU Communication Group: Alzheimer’s Support Group
By WT Clinic 806-651-5101
Fundraiser Night for Family Support Services!!
Mention Family Support Services when you DINE IN at Jason’s Deli, 7406 SW 34th, on Wednesday, October 23rd 4-9 pm and 25% will be donated to the organization. Thank you for supporting the mission of FSS!
Kids’ Day at El Paleton!
Creating memories with your children is something that is extremely important to us, so we’ve decided to take action on this and help create more memories. Starting next week, every Wednesday will be Kids Day. From 4:00 – 6:00 PM, kids 12 and under will receive a free kids cone.
www.elpaletontx.com | 818 Martin Rd, Amarillo, TX 79107 | Our shop is facing Amarillo Blvd 🚦
**1 CONE PER KID** If you have a beard, you’re probably not 12 and under 🤭
#elpaleton #elpaletontx #instayum #instagood #instayummy #instapic #yum #yummy #yumyum #foodies #food #foodie #icecream #icecreamlove #kidsday #amarillotx #amarillotexas